(Updated 21/07/2023)

If you’re having a problem with noise like loud music, noisy pubs, rowdy parties or barking dogs in your neighbourhood, your council can help you.

Local Authorities have statutory powers under section 80 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to deal with nuisances such as noise, odour, smoke  and excessive lighting from residential and commercial premises.

The Environmental Health Service deals with a wide range of noise and nuisance problems including those listed below:

  • Barking Dogs.
  • Bonfires.
  • Car Alarms.
  • Construction site noise or dust pollution.
  • DIY Work .
  • Intruder Alarms.
  • Loud music/Parties.
  • Noise from Commercial Premises.
  • Noise from Pubs and Clubs.
  • Odour from commercial premises.
  • Light.
  • Insect

How Can I Get Help?

To request assistance please phone the Environmental Health Department on (01983) 823000

Back to categories
Report Incorrect Information

Quick Exit